Artists selected for 2020 residence at Palace des Ambassadeurs must sign for acceptation and agree to the following terms:
• BACS will make the final decision on participating artists for 2020 residencies. All applicants will be notified of artist acceptance or rejection by April 30, 2020. If the artist is unavailable during the awarded time slot, an alternate will be selected. Due to limited number of artists permitted to participate in AIR, artists awarded a stay cannot apply for five years after their stay.
• Submitted photos of artworks may be used by BACS for publicity of the AIR program only.
- Artist will conduct their work in a manner that complies with all BACS and Palace des Ambassadeurs safety rules.
- Artist will not use toxic materials, inflammables or explosives to realize their artworks and will sign upon arrival a regulatory document regarding the security and the safety of the place they will live and work in.
• Artist will not disturb or manipulate the property’s environment or add to the property’s physical features.
• Artist is responsible for their own expenses including medicines, cosmetics, personal linen and personal gear, as well as parking and fines expenses.
• Only one additional adult may accompany artist during residence, and the artist must be on site during guest’s stay.
• No pets are permitted.
- The Artist-in-Residence Program allows artists to stay at Palace des Ambassadeurs to concentrate on their work 24/7. We would appreciate you not using the residence as a basecamp to visit nearby points of interest or to go to the beach.
- Artist is expected to interact with visitors (art collectors, museums, journalists, benefactors, schools) and staff during their stay at Palace des Ambassadeurs. Artist will allow the schools to watch them in action while working, for maximum half an hour, as part of the educational program of those schools.
- Artist will always have a correct behavior and presence during their residency.
- Artist is not allowed to smoke inside the walls of the residence, neither in the room nor in the atelier. They will use the special designated places for smokers outside the Palace (in the garden or on the terrace).
- Artist is not allowed to take drugs.
- Artist will donate a piece of work to BACS that is representative of their stay at Palace des Ambassadeurs upon their arrival or at the end of their stay if the artwork is realized during their stay. Artist understands that BACS owns the work and the rights to reproduce it. (Artist retains the ability to make use of the art for their purposes and where feasible include the language, “This work was produced under BACS’s Artist-in-Residence Program”).
- Artist understands that BACS and Palace des Ambassadeurs may or may not exhibit the donated pieces in public buildings.
• If awarded a 2020 residence, artist will agree that their names and biography to be published in the BACS webpage or given to the press.
- BACS will not provide a stipend or any other financial compensation.
- If the artist does not respect one of the points above mentioned, BACS has the right to cancel the remaining residency days and to invite the artist to leave immediately.
- In case of controversy the French law will be applied.
Date and place
Signature of the artist